Then and Now


Photo circa 1900 courtesy of TEHS

Photographed by Joyce Post, May 2004

LEFT: The North Berwyn School, on the southeast corner of Conestoga and Howellville Roads, was built in 1892 as a one-room school and later enlarged to 4 classrooms. It operated until 1932. Later, before Conestoga High School was built, it was used by the Tredyffrin/Easttown High School for vocational and art classes This photograph, from around 1900, clearly shows the half-moon structure around the door.

RIGHT: The half-moon around the door is still seen in this 2004 photograph. The building now houses the Maintenance Department of the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, and Daemion House, a community service offering short and long-term counseling to those unable to pay traditional therapy fees.


Page last updated: 2007-03-21 at 16:25 EDT
Copyright © 2006-2007 Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Permission is given to make copies for personal use only.
All other uses require written permission of the Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society.