Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
History Quarterly Digital Archives

Source: Fall 2004 Volume 41 Number 4, Page 74

Page 110


One of the purposes of the Tredyffrin Easttown History Club is to provide historical background about current locations and events in our community. The 90 acres of the new Wilson Farm Park, dedicated October 2, 2004, was Elda Farm from 1836 until after World War II - total of approximately 110 years. Elda Farm was one of 4 large properties and farms in Tredyffrin Township once owned by the Wilson family. John Wilson, the original Wilson ancestor settling in this country, purchased 322 acres in Tredyffrin on September 13, 1760.

We are pleased to present in this Quarterly the reminiscences of two members of the Wilson family, Conrad Wilson and William F. Wilson, who both spent much time on this farm. We also include Elda Farm images given by Wilson descendants to Tredyffrin Township.

The "Then... & Now" feature regularly appearing on the last page of each Quarterly also links the past and the present. In this issue we describe how a present-day real estate office in Paoli was originally a major stagecoach stop.

Please address all comments and questions about the Quarterly to the Editor, Joyce A. Post, 244 Vincent Road, Paoli, PA 19301

Please join us. Our next meeting is at 2PM on November 28 at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Berwyn and is a presentation about the legendary Parson William Currie and an optional Christmas Tea with music. We will not meet in December. In 2005 our regular meetings are at 2PM on the 3rd Sunday of the month - please note the change - on January 16, February 20, March 20, April 17, May 15, June 19, September 18, October 16, and November 20 at the Easttown Library and Information Center, 720 First Avenue, Berwyn.

President: Roger D. Thorne
Vice President/Program Chair: Sue Andrews
Recording Secretary: Anne Murdock
Corresponding Secretary: Jane Tiffany,
Genevieve Ridgeway
Treasurer: J. B. Post
Publicity Chair: Joan McCracken

Joyce A. Post
C. Herbert Fry
Roger D. Thorne
Sue Andrews
J. B. Post

Authors retain copyright of their contributions.
The Club does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of the information in the articles.
Published four times a year by the Tredyffrin Easttown History Club.

Volume 41, Number 4 – Fall 2004

Front cover image

FRONT COVER: Elda Farm - now Wilson Farm Park

Back cover image

BACK COVER: Wilson Farm Park, October 2, 2004.


Page last updated: 2014-07-03 at 12:45 EDT
Copyright © 2006-2014 Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Permission is given to make copies for personal use only.
All other uses require written permission of the Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society.